These books have shaped my life significantly. They are from different categories and made the list because of the impact they’ve had on my life. Eventually (but not yet) you’ll find more than 100 good books to read, organized by category.
This is a reading list is for people who want to invest their time in transformational books. I only list the best books to read in each category. You can be sure that each one is powerful and worth your time.
Bookmark this page and come back often: I’ll keep adding to it.
I was inspired to start this list by James Clear a writer I enjoy weekly. Check out his book list Here.
My Favourite Biographies
- Educating Tiger: My spiritual and intellectual journey by Jacob A Loewen
- Christian. Muslim. Friend: Twelve Paths to Real Relationship by David Shenk
- Teatime in Mogadishu: My Journey as a Peace Ambassador in the World of Islam by Haile Ahmed Ali
- Living with Conviction by Siegfried Bartel
- Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World by Tracy Kidder
- The Pastor: A Memoir by Eugene H. Peterson
- Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor
- A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor’s Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace by Brian Zahnd
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character) by Richard P. Feynman
The Kingdom of God and Power
- “Come Out My People!” God’s call out of empire in the bible and Beyond (Amazon/Kindle Link)
- The Politics of Jesus By John Howard Yoder
- The Upside-Down Kingdom By Donald Kraybill
- Prophetic Imagination By Walter Brueggemann
Peacebuilding Skills and Techniques
- Mediation and Facilitation Training Manual: Foundations and Skills for Constructive Transformation (Fourth Edition) Edited by Carolyn Schrock – Shenk
- The little book of Restorative Justice (Second Edition). by Howard Zehr.
- The little book of Circle Processes: A New/Old Approach to Peacemaking. By Kay Pranis
- The little book of Strategic Negotiation: Negotiating During Turbulent Times. By Jayne Seminare Docherty
- The little book of Dialogue for Difficult Subjects: A Practical Hands on Guide. By Lisa Schirch & David Campt
- The little book of Conflict Transformation: Clear articulation of the guiding principles by a pioneer in the field. By John Paul Lederach
- The little book of Cool Tools for Hot Topics: Group Tools to Facilitate Meetings When Things Are Hot. BY Ron Kraybill & Evelyn Wright
- The little book of Trauma Healing: When Violence Strikes and Community Security Is Threatened. By Carolyn Yoder
Conflict Assessment Training, Manuals and Guides
- Conflict Assessment & Peacebuilding Planning: Toward and Participatory Approach to Human Security. By Lisa Schirch
- (Free Manual) The Handbook on Human Security: A Civil – Military – Police Curriculum. Edited by Lisa Schirch
- (Free Examples) Local Ownership in Security: Case Studies of Peacebuilding Approaches (40 Case Studies)